Where did YG go wrong with 2ne1?

YG Family-family-family!
Post sunflower Posted 29 Jan 2013, 1:13 AM

Where did YG go wrong with 2ne1?

They are a digimon - the public love their songs, even their non-title tracks, but why so little public recognition? They had so much potential when they first debuted, but somewhere along the way, they lost steam. Now groups like Sistar and T-ara (before scandal) are taking over their spot.

What happened?
Is it YG's fault? Did he f-ed up?
Is it the girls' fault for a no-show on varieties (cause them Koreans FLOVE their shows)?

Post crack Posted 29 Jan 2013, 1:15 AM

Re: Where did YG go wrong with 2ne1?

No variety shows.
Lack of promotional activities.
If PSY didn't hit gold with GS during the summer, 2NE1 still might have had a proper comeback.
Image Image

Post Dream Posted 29 Jan 2013, 1:18 AM

one comeback every 2 years with shitty promotions. 2NE1 proved with I Love You that they are still #2 though. I just hope they can have a proper comeback soon.

Post BeerBread Posted 29 Jan 2013, 1:23 AM

His new girl group.
Image Image

Post Rae Posted 29 Jan 2013, 1:25 AM

Basically it's just not proper promotion.........2ne1 TV was awesome, and he should once again continue that, but also some more variety wouldn't hurt.
They would've had a big part in 2012 if they didn't only promote 'I Love You.'
BIGBANGlEpikHighlSe7enlVVIPâ™›Bomshelll2ne1lGummylLeeHi
ImageImageImage

Post Vanilla21 Posted 29 Jan 2013, 1:46 AM

He doesn't let the girls branch out more such as solo activities, be on variety shows or let them produce their own songs.
I feel like their American promotion might not be possible after all.

Post PP Posted 29 Jan 2013, 1:47 AM

A lot of things contributed to their situation, but most of them trace back to promotions.

Post ayyu Posted 29 Jan 2013, 1:54 AM

the public liked i dont care- 2ne1 has moved away from that style alot. with i love u. they have a strong fanbase but the korean public is losing some intrest.

and even big bang used to do some variety in their early days. 2ne1 has none.

but i guess thats beacuse they suck at it lol

Post fayee Posted 29 Jan 2013, 2:50 AM

Lack of promotions pretty much. Their songs still do really well though. Its just that they don't get known individually really well besides Dara and maybe Bom.
ImageImage
SEUNGRI<3

Post Lilikoi Posted 29 Jan 2013, 3:14 AM

Tbh I think it’s a shame that their promotions have gone downhill, unless they DO have an awesome comeback sometime soon it will just make it seem like all their previous efforts have gone to waste. It’s especially awful because I really do think that they were one of the first group of female idols to really give off the image of some strong, badass, independent women.

Also, I find it odd that in YG’s last interview he said something about having to beg Teddy to come back and produce for them?? Clearly there’s a problem if their main producer is more interested in his own side projects.

Post revinoir Posted 29 Jan 2013, 5:09 AM

I hate his guts right now-- YG.

He himself admits that he's not paying 2NE1 enough attention (overseeing their promotions and practices). How dare he admit it, and not correct it.

Lilikoi wrote:Tbh I think it’s a shame that their promotions have gone downhill, unless they DO have an awesome comeback sometime soon it will just make it seem like all their previous efforts have gone to waste. It’s especially awful because I really do think that they were one of the first group of female idols to really give off the image of some strong, badass, independent women.

Also, I find it odd that in YG’s last interview he said something about having to beg Teddy to come back and produce for them?? Clearly there’s a problem if their main producer is more interested in his own side projects.

omagawd. So my hunch about Teddy was right. >.<
I hope it's a short-term thing my lord.
I am not a shipper of them, as CL herself have sunk my ship. Q_Q
I just put them together since it's easy to file them as my biases. ♥

Post Kari Posted 29 Jan 2013, 5:19 AM

Horrible promotions. I don't know who's refusing to go to variety shows, but TV exposure is most important in Korea since they love their dramas/varieties.

and 2ne1 needs to speak up tbh. I find their whole situation ridiculous. BB/SNSD didn't get to the top by having long breaks. They worked non-stop.

The best promo season 2ne1 had was in 2009 and I don't really see a comeback for them any time soon now that YG has his new girls. Their promos definitely are priority.

Post sunflower Posted 29 Jan 2013, 5:21 AM

Lilikoi wrote:Tbh I think it’s a shame that their promotions have gone downhill, unless they DO have an awesome comeback sometime soon it will just make it seem like all their previous efforts have gone to waste. It’s especially awful because I really do think that they were one of the first group of female idols to really give off the image of some strong, badass, independent women.

Seems like something is up with Teddy - maybe something like writer's block? The guy is prolly really pressured to produce hits after hits and he just recently opened a coffee shop too. Teddy is the whole backbone of 2ne1.

Post kissingkeke Posted 29 Jan 2013, 6:43 AM

A lot of shit. Let's just say that on both sides. Not just YG but 2NE1 needs to be blamed in this situation.
My for him is ∞ImageImage

Post esss Posted 29 Jan 2013, 11:23 AM

I don't think They are going downhill or somewhat....Even with one single They were better than T-ara or TTS,,WG....If they had a proper comeback last year They would easily blow away others...

They only had I love You this year

-They didnt release any album to back up song
-They never go variety shows
-The song was so new and unusual to Kpop scene

even all these barriers They did amazing.2ne1 has a strong name in itself They arent variety stars or beauty stars.They are here as long as They have amazing songs and music.BJs arent obsessive or strong like ELFS or SONES but 2ne1 get their profit from random public too...I just wanna wait their full comeback...T-ARA is falling down,Wonder Girls are almost disbanded,SNSD didnt do well even with full album so...Only threat is SISTAR..If They keep improving themselves and their image like this year 2ne1 has to do something...
ImageImage

Return to YG Entertainment