[DISS] Can YG's GG overthrow SNSD's Nation's Girl Group?

YG Family-family-family!
Post sunflower Posted 30 Jan 2013, 5:16 AM

[DISS] Can YG's GG overthrow SNSD's Nation's Girl Group?

YG said the new GG group is all natural, as pretty as SNSD, be able to rap, with good vocals.

All speculation, but what's the chance that the new GG group will overthrow SNSD and snatch their nation's GG title?

Personally, SNSD's recent music isn't on par with the likes of Gee, Genie, Run Devil Run - so if YG plays his cards right, yg GG will be the female equivalent of BB

Post BeerBread Posted 30 Jan 2013, 5:25 AM

Re: [DISS] Can YG's GG overthrow SNSD's Nation's Girl Group?

YG was emphasizing the girl group's looks because he too has heard that YGE only focuses on talent, not so much looks; I guess he thought they were saying that the groups/artists that he puts out aren't very attractive in some way.

Of course because of SONEs, SNSD will always be the the Nation's Girl Group, but all of that is really decided by the public and their response to the music.

YG has always been straight with the public [in a musical aspect], so yes, if he plays his cards right, they could possibly be able to overthrow SNSD.
Image Image

Post smile-holic Posted 30 Jan 2013, 5:30 AM

zero to none chance

they could end being a the top girl group....but it would be years down the line when snsd arent around

even if their songs are a hit, it's not going to shadow everything snsd have done in the past

i honestly havent been impressed with anything about them yet, from the pics to the videos

Post PP Posted 30 Jan 2013, 5:34 AM

smile-holic wrote:zero to none chance

they could end being a the top girl group....but it would be years down the line when snsd arent around

even if their songs are a hit, it's not going to shadow everything snsd have done in the past

i honestly havent been impressed with anything about them yet, from the pics to the videos

It doesn't have to be impressive, it just needs to be marketed right. SNSD is everything that went right with a solid business plan, plus a little more.

Post onhyunnie Posted 30 Jan 2013, 7:55 AM

I dunno.. But i trust YG. even though he's like the biggest troll ever!
"If you’re having fun through our music, I’m more than happy"-G Dragon

Post technicolor.girl Posted 30 Jan 2013, 8:58 AM

It'll depend A LOOOOOT on YGE's management, marketing and promotional abilities for them to be able to do it. It's not just about talent or skill or catchy music.

Post leyassi Posted 30 Jan 2013, 9:36 AM

Overthrow? IDK. But they will be two diff groups. SNSD had already set the bar so reaching it would be pretty impossible for a new group.

Just to ponder, what if another company is rumored to debut a BB version of their company? What would us, VIP think?

Post Quest Posted 30 Jan 2013, 12:58 PM

Sure they do. Everyone has a shot to. Being in YG gives them a better one that most other groups but it's just a wait n see thing. lots of variables to come into play.

Post Lustucru Posted 30 Jan 2013, 1:25 PM

Quest wrote:Sure they do. Everyone has a shot to. Being in YG gives them a better one that most other groups but it's just a wait n see thing. lots of variables to come into play.

\O/

Post technicolor.girl Posted 30 Jan 2013, 2:37 PM

leyassi wrote:Overthrow? IDK. But they will be two diff groups. SNSD had already set the bar so reaching it would be pretty impossible for a new group.

Just to ponder, what if another company is rumored to debut a BB version of their company? What would us, VIP think?

What did you think of Brave Brothers when he said that he hoped to create the next BIGBANG with his group, BIGSTAR?

...for me, at first, I just felt amused honestly. Hahaha. XD The whole, "It's pretty impossible to create a group like *insert name of bias group here*" mentality pops up, and then I ended up being curious how the group would turn out so I checked out the group when they debuted.

Post revinoir Posted 30 Jan 2013, 3:35 PM

Eh I have a feeling they'll do good. With that whole thing going around saying that GD is gonna be their music-maker and what not.

But honestly, I'm a blackjack before any little rookie group, even if they're from YG. And I really didn't hear good things about Jennie (that girl from That XX). Something about her scandal of being a bully?

I want my 2NE1 before anybody can get me to even give an ounce of my love to the new groups.

LeeHi was an exception. <333 been a fan of hers ever since her audition daysss ooooh <3
I am not a shipper of them, as CL herself have sunk my ship. Q_Q
I just put them together since it's easy to file them as my biases. ♥

Post Kwon Ji Yong Posted 30 Jan 2013, 4:39 PM

In time maybe, I mean, just look at the success of 2NE1 (before they went all hiatusey). Depends on YG's management.
權 志 龍
Power | Emotion | King

Post Wizzit Posted 30 Jan 2013, 7:20 PM

If YG decides to shove their faces down everyone's throat and the new group is actually good, maybe even have a musical identity ( would be a big plus)
I think they should be able to overthrow them. But I seriously doubt it those factors will be met.

Post kissingkeke Posted 31 Jan 2013, 12:18 AM

I think they will be big but IDK about being the nations girl group. It would be great to see but I, like others have not been too impressed with them except the dancer and Euni Kim (who may be leaving the group) So we shall see.
My for him is ∞ImageImage

Post JenTOP4ever Posted 31 Jan 2013, 1:25 AM

the girls are young and pretty and if YG would give them a real proper promotion, there's a big chance for them to dethrone snsd. i'll be very happy if that happens. lol

and from what i understand, the fact that YG emphasizes that this gg is snsd-like, it means they'll focus not just in music but in other areas as well like MCing, acting..? since a big part of snsd's popularity comes from their variety image..
6 years & counting...

Post sheep Posted 02 Feb 2013, 1:28 PM

I don't think so, yg's forte is music and talent not really promotion/marketing. If it weren't for double standards/fan girls, big bang would have suffered a lot worse than what they did.

That's sm's forte is being able to sell anything.
I can already point out one thing that pisses people off, having things push backed. Unless YG's business style really changes, it's going to be hard to be the top girl group without good promotion/management. Even when snsd was missing, majority of their members were doing individual activities to keep fans interested.

Post leyassi Posted 16 Feb 2013, 10:02 AM

technicolor.girl wrote:
leyassi wrote:Overthrow? IDK. But they will be two diff groups. SNSD had already set the bar so reaching it would be pretty impossible for a new group.

What did you think of Brave Brothers when he said that he hoped to create the next BIGBANG with his group, BIGSTAR?

...for me, at first, I just felt amused honestly. Hahaha. XD The whole, "It's pretty impossible to create a group like *insert name of bias group here*" mentality pops up, and then I ended up being curious how the group would turn out so I checked out the group when they debuted.

I agreed. I love Bigstar. But to actually compare them to BB is just not fair. I never know that Bigstar is said to be the next BB. LOL.

Return to YG Entertainment