[ARTIST] YG's New Girl Group

YG Family-family-family!
Post technicolor.girl Posted 24 Jan 2013, 11:11 PM

[ARTIST] YG's New Girl Group

THE OFFICIAL UPCOMING YG GIRL GROUP THREAD

Expected to debut in the first half of 2013 and stated by Yang Hyun Suk himself to be similar to the established group SNSD but with YG flavor, this new girl group will be the first group to debut from YG Entertainment since girl group 2NE1, who debuted back in 2009. With five members of the group currently introduced to the public and gathering interest through various videos displaying their skill sets and individual charms, and with BIGBANG member G-Dragon in charge of the overall production of their album their debut is highly anticipated and awaited by many.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXPECTED MEMBERS

EUNBI
Date of birth: February 4, 1993
Group Position: Vocalist
Background: Former contestant in Superstar K2 (2010) Top 6.

JENNIE
Date of Birth: N/A (Age 16)
Group Position: N/A
Background: Starred in a documentary on Koreans living abroad in New Zealand, and featured in G-Dragon’s music video for “That XX”

LALICE
Date of Birth: N/A (Age 16)
Background: Auditioned and was accepted in YG Family Audition 1 in Thailand

JISOO
Date of Birth: 1995, age unknown.
Background: N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFICIAL PRE-DEBUT VIDEOS

Video #1: Euna & Eunbi practice clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7eqi9zTQig

Video #2: "Who's that girl???" Lalice dance clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdhLxKFcOWQ

Video #3: Jennie Kim Introduction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFQBxmv0GWc

Video #4: Jennie Kim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlxfVHKFuuA

Post Dream Posted 28 Jan 2013, 10:11 PM

Re: [ARTIST] YG's New Girl Group

omg i'm gonna live in this thread lol

i hope YG gives us something in 2 hours D:

Post Rae Posted 28 Jan 2013, 10:12 PM

I haven't been this excited for a rookie group in forever<3
Can't wait!
BIGBANGlEpikHighlSe7enlVVIPâ™›Bomshelll2ne1lGummylLeeHi
ImageImageImage

Post Dream Posted 28 Jan 2013, 11:13 PM

lmao i've just realized euna isn't even listed in the OP T__T

Post sunflower Posted 28 Jan 2013, 11:16 PM

Don't really know how I feel about this group and YG isn't helping by releasing so slowly

I just hope we'll get good (no, great) songs from them

Dream wrote:lmao i've just realized euna isn't even listed in the OP T__T
Lol, that's cause she's the 'dropped' member (not positive, but I'm pretty sure it's her)

Post chiakisama88 Posted 28 Jan 2013, 11:20 PM

sunflower wrote:Don't really know how I feel about this group and YG isn't helping by releasing so slowly

I just met you but I already like you loool

Me too, Im having mixed feelings about them...

I feel like YG is depending on the fact that YG fans will immediatly support this group whatever they are, and Im not liking that media play..

YG forgot VIPs and BlackJacks are very difficult clients, and if they dont have good music, we wont support them at all!!!

But there is a rumor Kwon Leada is going to produce them, so if thats true, I dont think we will be diappointed in the music...

Anyway, Im very prudent about this group. Ill see what they have to propose first musically...

Post Dream Posted 28 Jan 2013, 11:24 PM

^ well, everyone is counting on good music, and since it's YG I think they'll deliver in this aspect.

Post sunflower Posted 28 Jan 2013, 11:25 PM

chiakisama88 wrote:
sunflower wrote:Don't really know how I feel about this group and YG isn't helping by releasing so slowly

I just met you but I already like you loool

Me too, Im having mixed feelings about them...

I feel like YG is depending on the fact that YG fans will immediatly support this group whatever they are, and Im not liking that media play..

YG forgot VIPs and BlackJacks are very difficult clients, and if they dont have good music, we wont support them at all!!!

But there is a rumor Kwon Leada is going to produce them, so if thats true, I dont think we will be diappointed in the music...

Anyway, Im very prudent about this group. Ill see what they have to propose first musically...

GD haven't disappointed me yet musically, so fingers crossed - but the boy is so busy, especially with his own solo album and concerts coming up

I just don't like the fact that YG is dragging this out for so long - it's like EXO and people were pissed or don't care by the time they debuted.

Post Dream Posted 29 Jan 2013, 12:08 AM

no teaser today apparently. yg is so full of shit D:

Post sunflower Posted 29 Jan 2013, 12:09 AM

Dream wrote:no teaser today apparently. yg is so full of shit D:

Did he said he was gonna release one today?

No news on Lee Hi either :(

Post Panda Posted 29 Jan 2013, 12:10 AM

Ugh YG, when are they going to debut =____=
Or at least going to have some background info on them lol

Post Dream Posted 29 Jan 2013, 12:12 AM

sunflower wrote:
Dream wrote:no teaser today apparently. yg is so full of shit D:

Did he said he was gonna release one today?

No news on Lee Hi either :sad:

Well he was revealing info regularly, but last one was Jennie's teaser a week ago... Since tuesday 9am KST is the standard time to release stuff, I had high hopes T__T

Post Rae Posted 29 Jan 2013, 12:15 AM

I just hope people don't decide to dislike this group based off the fact that it is taking so long, and members have already been dropped?

I'm excited for this group, and will judge them when they show me their talent. I won't have any opinion on them based off bad decisions from the label :X

And tbh YG can't really mess up with this group, BIGBANG will not be active as a whole group after this year because of military, and YG will not just depend on 2ne1 to bring in money. He knows he needs to bring it to the table.

(And maybe give some of his solos more stuff too >_< *cough GUMMY cough*
ImageImageImage

Post PP Posted 29 Jan 2013, 12:20 AM

Rae wrote:I just hope people don't decide to dislike this group based off the fact that it is taking so long, and members have already been dropped?

I'm excited for this group, and will judge them when they show me their talent. I won't have any opinion on them based off bad decisions from the label :X

And tbh YG can't really mess up with this group, BIGBANG will not be active as a whole group after this year because of military, and YG will not just depend on 2ne1 to bring in money. He knows he needs to bring it to the table.

Big Bang is not starting military next year tho

Post sunflower Posted 29 Jan 2013, 12:22 AM

Rae wrote:I just hope people don't decide to dislike this group based off the fact that it is taking so long, and members have already been dropped?

OMG, I love Gummy and her voice. She has like the perfect voice for OST, yet she doesn't do that many :sad:

I was watching YG Family 15th Anniversary concert 2 days ago, and Gummy singing Airbag was the best part of the whole concert. I thought she did a lot better than Naul. Tablo should've featured her instead tbh

Post Rae Posted 29 Jan 2013, 12:26 AM

sunflower wrote:

OMG, I love Gummy and her voice. She has like the perfect voice for OST, yet she doesn't do that many :sad:

I was watching YG Family 15th Anniversary concert 2 days ago, and Gummy singing Airbag was the best part of the whole concert. I thought she did a lot better than Naul. Tablo should've featured her instead tbh

Gummy has a breath taking voice, it's so beautiful <3
Yeah since Gummy doesn't get much on her own, they should definitely use her more for other promotions =/
Even Epik High's - Up would've been awesome with her voice.
PP wrote:Big Bang is not starting military next year tho

I thought they were doing a last full promotion as a group at the end of 2013? And then would start slowly going into the Military?
Maybe I misread....
ImageImageImage

Post PP Posted 29 Jan 2013, 12:41 AM

Rae wrote:
sunflower wrote:

Yeah since Gummy doesn't get much on her own, they should definitely use her more for other promotions =/

I thought they were doing a last full promotion as a group at the end of 2013? And then would start slowly going into the Military?
Maybe I misread....

No that's just a rumor. Their next world tour is starting late 2013 and will go into 2014. TOP will probably enlist some time in 2016

Post technicolor.girl Posted 29 Jan 2013, 1:25 AM

I hate waiting. D: I am not happy!

Post Kimmy Posted 29 Jan 2013, 1:29 AM

How do we post videos? I wanna post some Image

Post Rae Posted 29 Jan 2013, 1:29 AM

PP wrote:
Rae wrote:
sunflower wrote:

Maybe I misread....

No that's just a rumor. Their next world tour is starting late 2013 and will go into 2014. TOP will probably enlist some time in 2016

Rumor? I thought they actually said it though...I read translations of what they said at a show in Japan about their enlisting?
Maybe I was trolled then>_<?
http://forums.allkpop.com/threads/rumou ... ent.89053/
ImageImageImage

Next

Return to YG Entertainment