Forbes Korea 2013 Ranking

Anything K-entertainment related goes here.
Post JenTOP4ever Posted 25 Feb 2013, 1:15 AM

Forbes Korea 2013 Ranking

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=102&oid=025&aid=0002251958

1. Psy

2. SNSD

3. Son Yeonje

4. Kim Soohyun

5. Bigbang

6. Park Taewan

7. Song Joongki

8. IU

9. Kim Yuna

26. Sistar

27. Shin Bora

35. Kim Hyunjoong

Psy' figures last year, released album sold 106,594 copies. Gangnam Style contained in this album on YouTube music video lookup exceeded the number 1.3B views.

With 32 CFs in 2012 , SNSD has the most CFs on TV out of 40 people in top.

found this in AKP. i'm surprised BB is only at #5 Image
6 years & counting...

Post kissingkeke Posted 25 Feb 2013, 1:39 AM

Re: Forbes Korea 2013 Ranking

I'm actually surprised they are #5 instead of being higher since they did so much on their world tour. That alone should put them in the TOP 3 and IMO, ahead of SNSD. But whatever. It is what it is.
My for him is ∞ImageImage

Post fayee Posted 25 Feb 2013, 3:44 AM

I'm actually not too surprised tbh.

Psy makes total sense with his whole GS thing blowing up. SNSD are freakin angels in Korea and they have crazy CF exposure and etc. Number 3 and 4 are actors and we all know korea loves the actors over the idols. I am happy that BB still manages to be in the top 5 or 8. Plus we all know Korea favors female idols over the male. I mean come on. BB are the only male idols and idol group on that top list. Besides hyunjoong but hes just at 35...

Its great. :)
ImageImage
SEUNGRI<3

Post BeerBread Posted 25 Feb 2013, 5:21 AM

Still on the wall about this since 2013 just started.
How can they have ranking lists for the beginning of the year?
Image Image

Post fortrollingkpop Posted 25 Feb 2013, 5:48 AM

Forbes Celebrity 40

• Big Bang @ #5 was not a surprise. I honestly thought they would hover around # 7-9, with Suzy, Kim Soohyun, Song Joongki, and Lee Seunggi topping them. The four actors/actresses I mentioned were all breakthrough stars of 2012, with multiple high-rated dramas, best-selling movies, and TONS and I mean TONS of CFs. But wow, #5, much better than expected.
  • Big Bang will NEVER top Forbes Power Celebrity because they are lacking big time in one of the categories: broadcast appearances. Missing music shows and variety shows, as well as not appearing in any dramas, will be their weakest link. Unlike other singers such as IU, Lee Seunggi, Rain, SNSD, and Lee Hyori, Big Bang is nowhere to be seen in any of the 3 major networks. Only their handful of television and radio CFs even give them the points to score something in the broadcast category. This will always drag them down when it comes to measuring overall power and status.
  • Lee Seunggi missing the top 10 was a surprise. He was still all over the place in 2012, so where is he?
  • Last 2-Year Average (Who are the celebrities who maintained power and influence from 2011 to 2012?)
  1. SNSD - 1.5
  2. Big Bang - 3.5
  3. IU - 5.5
  4. Kim Yuna - 7.0
  5. Park Taehwan - 8.0
  • Best 3 Score Average (Averaging the highest 3 ranks of each celebrity over the course of 2008-2012):
  1. SNSD - 1.33 (#1,#1,#2)
  2. Kim Yuna - 1.66 (#1,#1,#3)
  3. Big Bang - 3.00 (#2,#2,#5)
  4. Park Jisung - 3.66 (#2,#3,#6)
  5. Lee Seunggi - 5.66 (#4,#6,#7)
  • Weighted Average for the past 5 years. The following top 10 celebrity have proven to be a hovering name in the list for half a decade, proving their presence and overall power and influence longevity. If you can notice, the list comprise of singers, athletes, and comedians. Actors and actresses have not maintained their power over the stretch of time. As of this year, SNSD has toppled Kim Yuna to be South Korea's most powerful celebrity for the last five years (last year they were still tied!).
  1. SNSD - 2.2
  2. Kim Yuna - 3.8
  3. Park Jisung - 5.6
  4. Big Bang - 8.4
  5. Yoo Jaesuk - 10.6
  6. Kang Hodong - 10.8
  7. Lee Seungi - 13.6
  8. Lee Hyori - 13.8
  9. 2PM - 15.6
  10. Rain - 17.0
Things that can't be denied based on Forbes Celebrity 40's five-year history:

• SNSD has proven to be the most powerful and influential celebrity in the South Korean entertainment industry.
  • Actors and actresses have not maintain a powerful position over a long period of time due to multiple "breakout" stars of the moments, tons of actors/actresses being respected, lack of constant good project, etc.
  • Big Bang is the most powerful male singer in the industry, topping Lee Seunggi, Rain and 2PM.
  • Yoo Jaesuk and Kang Hodong's influence as comedians can't be denied. Time has tried and tested the two's names.
  • They say idols are looked down and frowned upon by the general public, and that they are not as respected or revered as actors and actresses, but notice how SNSD single-handedly beaten respected names like Kim Taehee, Lee Byunghun, Won Bin, etc in the last five years when numbers and sales come into play. Even male group Big Bang has gotten higher rankings than these actors and actresses, also topping singers/actors Rain and Lee Seunggi. There is no doubt that the 14 idols of SNSD and Big Bang are collectively powerful names, even more so than movie and TV celebrities.

Post JenTOP4ever Posted 25 Feb 2013, 7:52 AM

BeerBread wrote:Still on the wall about this since 2013 just started.

i think this is for 2012

fayee wrote:I'm actually not too surprised tbh.

Psy makes total sense with his whole GS thing blowing up. SNSD are freakin angels in Korea and they have crazy CF exposure and etc. Number 3 and 4 are actors and we all know korea loves the actors over the idols. I am happy that BB still manages to be in the top 5 or 8. Plus we all know Korea favors female idols over the male. I mean come on. BB are the only male idols and idol group on that top list. Besides hyunjoong but hes just at 35...

Its great.

don't get me wrong, i only expected BB to be higher cos like keke said, they had a successful world tour. plus their 5th mini album was a big hit in Korea. #3 is an athlete btw

fortrollingkpop wrote:Forbes Celebrity 40

• Big Bang @ #5 was not a surprise. I honestly thought they would hover around # 7-9, with Suzy, Kim Soohyun, Song Joongki, and Lee Seunggi topping them. The four actors/actresses I mentioned were all breakthrough stars of 2012, with multiple high-rated dramas, best-selling movies, and TONS and I mean TONS of CFs. But wow, #5, much better than expected.
  • Big Bang will NEVER top Forbes Power Celebrity because they are lacking big time in one of the categories: broadcast appearances. Missing music shows and variety shows, as well as not appearing in any dramas, will be their weakest link. Unlike other singers such as IU, Lee Seunggi, Rain, SNSD, and Lee Hyori, Big Bang is nowhere to be seen in any of the 3 major networks. Only their handful of television and radio CFs even give them the points to score something in the broadcast category. This will always drag them down when it comes to measuring overall power and status.
  • Lee Seunggi missing the top 10 was a surprise. He was still all over the place in 2012, so where is he?
  • Last 2-Year Average (Who are the celebrities who maintained power and influence from 2011 to 2012?)
  1. SNSD - 1.5
  2. Big Bang - 3.5
  3. IU - 5.5
  4. Kim Yuna - 7.0
  5. Park Taehwan - 8.0
  • Best 3 Score Average (Averaging the highest 3 ranks of each celebrity over the course of 2008-2012):
  • Weighted Average for the past 5 years. The following top 10 celebrity have proven to be a hovering name in the list for half a decade, proving their presence and overall power and influence longevity. If you can notice, the list comprise of singers, athletes, and comedians. Actors and actresses have not maintained their power over the stretch of time. As of this year, SNSD has toppled Kim Yuna to be South Korea's most powerful celebrity for the last five years (last year they were still tied!).
  1. SNSD - 2.2
  2. Kim Yuna - 3.8
  3. Park Jisung - 5.6
  4. Big Bang - 8.4
  5. Yoo Jaesuk - 10.6
  6. Kang Hodong - 10.8
  7. Lee Seungi - 13.6
  8. Lee Hyori - 13.8
  9. 2PM - 15.6
  10. Rain - 17.0

• SNSD has proven to be the most powerful and influential celebrity in the South Korean entertainment industry.
  • Actors and actresses have not maintain a powerful position over a long period of time due to multiple "breakout" stars of the moments, tons of actors/actresses being respected, lack of constant good project, etc.
  • Big Bang is the most powerful male singer in the industry, topping Lee Seunggi, Rain and 2PM.
  • Yoo Jaesuk and Kang Hodong's influence as comedians can't be denied. Time has tried and tested the two's names.
  • They say idols are looked down and frowned upon by the general public, and that they are not as respected or revered as actors and actresses, but notice how SNSD single-handedly beaten respected names like Kim Taehee, Lee Byunghun, Won Bin, etc in the last five years when numbers and sales come into play. Even male group Big Bang has gotten higher rankings than these actors and actresses, also topping singers/actors Rain and Lee Seunggi. There is no doubt that the 14 idols of SNSD and Big Bang are collectively powerful names, even more so than movie and TV celebrities.

thanks for the explanation. glad BB maintained their popularity in Korea despite their lack of broadcast appearances. i wonder if you are Korean? Image

and found this:

[2008-2012] FORBES Korea Power Celebrity 40 - Top 10 http://twitpic.com/c6nkly

https://twitter.com/sarah117_09/status/ ... 6669301760

apparently they were #2 last year. #5 is still high but still a huge drop Image
6 years & counting...

Post technicolor.girl Posted 25 Feb 2013, 11:30 AM

2012 is included in this, it's just that it's released in 2013.

Post Trannnnnnnnnn Posted 25 Feb 2013, 2:28 PM

fortrollingkpop wrote:Forbes Celebrity 40

1. SNSD - 1.5
  2. Big Bang - 3.5
  3. IU - 5.5
  4. Kim Yuna - 7.0
  5. Park Taehwan - 8.0
  1. SNSD - 2.2
  2. Kim Yuna - 3.8
  3. Park Jisung - 5.6
  4. Big Bang - 8.4
  5. Yoo Jaesuk - 10.6
  6. Kang Hodong - 10.8
  7. Lee Seungi - 13.6
  8. Lee Hyori - 13.8
  9. 2PM - 15.6
  10. Rain - 17.0

Always an insightful post FTK.

Im not surprised BB are at #5. I thought they would be lower as well. My thoughts mirror FTK's.

Can someone just explain to me why KHJ is #35? What has he even done?
NinjaBae

Post BeerBread Posted 25 Feb 2013, 10:06 PM

JenTOP4ever wrote:

i think this is for 2012

technicolor.girl wrote:

2012 is included in this, it's just that it's released in 2013.

Ahh, I understand. Thank you~
Image Image

Return to Korean Entertainment