Regarding Donations

Make sure to regularly check this forum.
Post PP Posted 27 Jan 2013, 6:08 AM

Regarding Donations

Hi,

You might have noticed that there is an option to donate money to Until Whenever. The point of this post is to explain some of our future plans with the forum and how donations can help with that.

First and foremost, it should be clear that we do not force anyone to donate. It is entirely optional. The forum will not shut down without it, but any donations that do come in are greatly appreciated and will be used to further improve the forum as well as support Big Bang.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Software

Currently, Until Whenever runs on phpbb3. This is free forum software and provides plenty of options, however not as much as we'd like. We would eventually like to migrate to Invision Power Board. Unfortunately, this comes at a price. The IPB migration is one of the first things on our list and we originally planned to launch with IPB, however it turned out to be unrealistic as we do not have unlimited resources.

Server Upgrades

Even though Until Whenever is still young, we're very ambitious and aim for continuous growth. With that comes more traffic and a heavier load leading to higher server requirements. We won't be able to grow without upgrading our equipment, too.

Support Projects

Obviously, not everything is about Until Whenever. There's one thing more important: Supporting Big Bang. If the situation allows, we'd like to start doing fan projects to support Big Bang with money from donations.

Think: Birthday projects, rice donations, etc. This is a long-term goal of ours and we sincerely hope that we can start such projects at one point.

And more!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do I get in return?

Good question. You'll get a variety of things.

Special usergroup: "Supporter"

Your own name in a different color from the rest, how great is that? You'll also automatically get access to any (future) special content on Until Whenever such as subtitled videos, which would otherwise have several requirements for normal users.

* Note: Please keep in mind there is no guarantee such services will exist in the future. We do however aim to expand in that direction.

Special forum functions

- Ability to use the [flash][/flash] BBcode
- Ability to ignore the flood limit
- More private message space
- Ability to change your forum name

* Note: Please do not abuse any of these functions. Any sort of abuse will result in the removal of your Supporter status and its privileges.

Post Masterchief Posted 29 Jan 2013, 7:37 AM

Re: Regarding Donations

well how much do you need before we move to ipb....not a fan of php

Post PP Posted 29 Jan 2013, 7:46 PM

Masterchief wrote:well how much do you need before we move to ipb....not a fan of php

The license is $175 but since IPB will require renewal every 6 months for $25 we'll probably wait until we have around $200 or more in donations before we migrate. The faster we get this, the faster we can migrate of course.

Post just g0t stabbed Posted 29 Jan 2013, 7:58 PM

I'll donate some when the option becomes available Image
Image Image

Post sunflower Posted 31 Jan 2013, 3:46 AM

Donation is available as of now. Thanks.

Post kwongasm Posted 31 Jan 2013, 10:21 AM

I donated alreadyImage but why is the progress of the donation at the homepage is still 1% Did you guys received it yet? Nvm
Under Construction ~

Post AmyBB Posted 31 Jan 2013, 5:27 PM

I just donated, but i'm not sure if it'll go through since this is my first time using paypal.

Post chiakisama88 Posted 31 Jan 2013, 5:49 PM

Actually with some other VIPs, we are trying to do a donation project for BigBang.
The project was to collect money for the 365 Miracle project managed by Sean.

We already got a few VIPs to join us, but we still need a lot more!!

And I see here, that you intend to do support project under the name of iVIPs, so it would be a great idea to collaborate and do a donation under the name of the forum!!!!

And, by coincidence, the project was named untilwheneverintl ^^

Here is the link for more info

http://forums.allkpop.com/threads/chari ... ct.112494/

The other 2 VIPs who are in charge of this project are moXXie and younlila (in this forum)

Post joanne Posted 01 Feb 2013, 1:22 AM

lol is it okay if i donate $3? poor student is poor

Post Trannnnnnnnnn Posted 01 Feb 2013, 1:24 AM

joanne wrote:lol is it okay if i donate $3? poor student is poor

Pretty sure anything helps.
NinjaBae

Post cisum Posted 01 Feb 2013, 5:16 AM

I will sound really stupid but it's better to ask & know to be able to help than to always wonder and become useless.

Do you accept donation from all around the world? + what cards do you accept? i mean like, Visa, Paypal, MasterCard..etc.

I've never done this before so excuse me for these questions.. OTL

Post cisum Posted 02 Feb 2013, 12:19 PM

Could someone please answer my question? OTL
i really wanna help but i don't know how and if you accept donation from my country. :c

Post joanne Posted 02 Feb 2013, 4:26 PM

cisum wrote:I will sound really stupid but it's better to ask & know to be able to help than to always wonder and become useless.

Do you accept donation from all around the world? + what cards do you accept? i mean like, Visa, Paypal, MasterCard..etc.

I've never done this before so excuse me for these questions.. OTL

i think it's worldwide. you go to donation page and choose the amount you want to donate. After that, you sign in to your paypal account and just confirm and send the money. If you don't have a paypal account, you can sign up for one and just link your credit card or bank account to it.

Post cisum Posted 03 Feb 2013, 9:11 AM

with paypal? OTL i need to make an account then.. this is going to take longer than i thought :c

Return to Rules, Announcements & Feedback