7 day Bigbang challenge: day 7

Big Bang discussions.
Post chiakisama88 Posted 11 Feb 2013, 9:37 PM

7 day Bigbang challenge: day 7

Wouhouuuuu last day!!!!!!
We did it!!!!!

Thanks for all the people who answered the questions every day.
You guys are awsome!!!

And thanks for the people who helped me pick the questions!!

But I would like to take a minute and thank one particular person
ME
I want to thank myself for my perseverance (I only missed one day of the challenge) and for my hard work!!
I am so proud of myself!!!!

For those who dont know, this is a reference to maknae thanking himself when he won an award.

So here you go, last question:

Do you think BigBang is really capable of becoming an international group?

Post Trannnnnnnnnn Posted 11 Feb 2013, 9:45 PM

Re: 7 day Bigbang challenge: day 7

Shouldn't thank yourself since you missed one day. For shame.....

Be back later to answer the question, but most likely, it'll be "yes, with a lot of hard work". Hahah
NinjaBae

Post zanji Posted 11 Feb 2013, 9:53 PM

Toughest question so far...

On one hand, I believe that Big Bang's music reaches out to a bigger audience than most Kpop would. They work hard to create a sound that they're comfortable with but also that they think people would like. Since they've had such diversity in their songs over the years it's hard not to find at least one song that you like and at the same time they have that "Big Bang Flavor" which distinguishes them from other Kpop groups. This is actually a very strong point that would work to their advantage, being different and starting trends is what's "cool" these days. I wish they could make it internationally, I'd be so damn proud of them!

On the other hand... they're a group. Most people ridicule groups because the world already experienced that era in the 90's. It's like if someone had a mullet now, wouldn't you laugh or at least find it a bit odd? That's basically how it is with guy and girl groups. It's one of their hurdles because people will judge them before they even give their music a chance. I'm not sure if the language is a problem but I think if they want people to take their music seriously they'd have to at least sing in English.

Can I answer that I don't know? xD I'm so torn.
Image Image

Post blueskies Posted 11 Feb 2013, 10:01 PM

Image Congrats! (although I only answered three of the challenge questions today haha, think that makes me a true VIP Image ).

As for the question, yes I do think they are capable, because they always work to improve themselves. They don't seem to settle at where they are, and feel they've made it, even though they are so successful in korea and japan and growing in popularity in other countries. I believe if that's their goal, then they can do it. They are also different to other kpop groups in style and music, and most people like what's unique, so it's possible for them to appeal internationally in that aspect. I personally think it's just a matter of time...
My sexy sushi dancer <3

Image Image

Post fayee Posted 11 Feb 2013, 10:18 PM

Ahhh tough question.

The positive and more optimistic side of me feels that yes they are capable. But it won't be easy, unless they get lucky with a hit song. I feel like BB will be able to attract attention and notice. No problem with that especially since they expand to a lot of parts of the industry like fashion, producing and music. Plus an all korean group that does hh and electro with a leader that produces and has edgy fashion and etc...I mean I would think America would find them interesting. And their music, I think is the most appealing and the most "serious/technical" out of all idols. If you know what I mean.

But my pessimistic side is like 'No." I mean if Asian Americans can't do it, how would they? And plus they have too many things going against them, first is the "boy band" stereotype, and then its the fashion, and the language/awkward accents, and the fact that they can't be as hands on in their producing/writing since they don't know english well. And we all know GD is known for his lyrics.

It would blow my freakin mind if they achieve it though. Like literally.
ImageImage
SEUNGRI<3

Post Lustucru Posted 11 Feb 2013, 11:05 PM

No idea.

Sure thing is, they would have to drop the guyliner and all that fashion ... not... manly enough? :/

But I honestly think if there's a kpop group that has a shot at it, it's bigbang.Then again they don't need it :/
Do they want it?

Post KassadyRae Posted 12 Feb 2013, 2:00 AM

Do you think BigBang is really capable of becoming an international group?

TBH, they're already an international group, it's just that their fame isn't that apparent here in the States. Of course they have fans all around the world, but most people won't know who you are unless you're apart of the biggest music industry in the world. Now if the boys were American, signed to a major label, given the right promotion (I'm looking at you se7en!) I have no doubt that they can become global.
I :heart: Jason!

Post Giyongchy Posted 12 Feb 2013, 11:51 AM

I believe they already are.

Sure, not on the level of major global like One Direction are (because there is no real justice in this world), but they have international fans, international sales, and international concerts - all world wide.

That is an international group.

It is just the degree that people will argue about.
The Assassin Dragon | Official Unnie/Noona | Official PervNoona
ImageImageImage

Post Vanilla21 Posted 13 Feb 2013, 5:30 AM

They have the potential to be an international group. I like what they achieved so far. With the success of Alive world tour, they became so much more than ever before.

Return to Discussion