GD&TOP: XXL's 15 Korean Rappers You Should Know

Big Bang discussions.
Post saucy Posted 12 Feb 2013, 6:55 PM

GD&TOP: XXL's 15 Korean Rappers You Should Know

Image

G-Dragon & T.O.P of Big Bang

Why are two pretty boy K-Pop idols on this list you ask? Quite simple. Because if it wasn’t for acts like these two, Korean rap probably wouldn’t have amassed such international appeal that it’s garnering now. Though the two multifaceted entertainers debuted as members of a quintet known as Big Bang, as G-Dragon admitted with XXL, [they'd] “like to be remembered as a rapper.” K-Pop’s currently full of boy bands with designated rapper as a member, and nine out of ten times they’re modeled after these two. Unfortunately, unlike GD and T.O.P, other acts can’t lock in a collabo with Diplo as their single, or have posse cuts with label mates for good measure.

The other rappers on the list: Noise MOB, Huckleberry P, Deepflow, Beenzino, Swings, Paloalto, Supreme Team, Verbal Jint, The Quiett & Dok2, Tasha, Garion, Epik High, Dynamic Duo, and Tiger JK.

XXL
Image
User avatar
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 11:06 AM
Top


Post gd elitist Posted 12 Feb 2013, 7:02 PM

Re: GD&TOP as 15 korean rapper u should know (XXL Magz)

wrong section! help! :(
User avatar
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 10 Feb 2013, 7:19 PM
Top

Post blueskies Posted 12 Feb 2013, 7:03 PM

Re: GD&TOP: XXL's 15 Korean Rappers You Should Know

Cool! XXL magazine! They need to release Gd & TOP VOL 2 tbh.
My sexy sushi dancer <3

Image Image
User avatar
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 29 Jan 2013, 6:37 PM
Location: UK
Top

Post cathay Posted 12 Feb 2013, 7:13 PM

Re: GD&TOP as 15 korean rapper u should know (XXL Magz)

GD&TOP listed alongside Tiger JK and Verbal Jint? That's right.

Image

Now give me that second album.
Image
User avatar
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 10:59 PM
Top

Post Trannnnnnnnnn Posted 12 Feb 2013, 7:26 PM

Re: GD&TOP: XXL's 15 Korean Rappers You Should Know

saucy wrote:Image

G-Dragon & T.O.P of Big Bang

Why are two pretty boy K-Pop idols on this list you ask? Quite simple. Because if it wasn’t for acts like these two, Korean rap probably wouldn’t have amassed such international appeal that it’s garnering now. Though the two multifaceted entertainers debuted as members of a quintet known as Big Bang, as G-Dragon admitted with XXL, [they'd] “like to be remembered as a rapper.” K-Pop’s currently full of boy bands with designated rapper as a member, and nine out of ten times they’re modeled after these two. Unfortunately, unlike GD and T.O.P, other acts can’t lock in a collabo with Diplo as their single, or have posse cuts with label mates for good measure.

The other rappers on the list: Noise MOB, Huckleberry P, Deepflow, Beenzino, Swings, Paloalto, Supreme Team, Verbal Jint, The Quiett & Dok2, Tasha, Garion, Epik High, Dynamic Duo, and Tiger JK.

XXL


Damn. That's a seriously legit list. GDTOP should be honored.
Image
NinjaBae
User avatar
 
Posts: 288
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 10:05 PM
Top

Post zanji Posted 12 Feb 2013, 7:28 PM

Re: GD&TOP: XXL's 15 Korean Rappers You Should Know

Second album needs to come out soon... although I'm scared GD might collapse from all the work he has been doing lately.
Either way, I'm so glad they decided to do this subunit because it made more people love BB. Their teamwork is just brilliant.
p.s. TOP looks way too hot in that picture (I'm such a sucker for arrogance)
Image Image
User avatar
 
Posts: 118
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 10:12 PM
Location: GD Wonderland
Top

Post fayee Posted 12 Feb 2013, 8:17 PM

Re: GD&TOP: XXL's 15 Korean Rappers You Should Know

LEGIT. LOL.

<3

I totally expected a list of idols tbh. Haha.
ImageImage
SEUNGRI<3
User avatar
 
Posts: 265
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 11:30 PM
Top

Post miwa201 Posted 12 Feb 2013, 8:33 PM

Re: GD&TOP: XXL's 15 Korean Rappers You Should Know

Yeah, XXL is legit and good for them for making the list. Although I don't think they fit in. Image
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Jan 2013, 7:09 PM
Top

Post chiakisama88 Posted 13 Feb 2013, 12:08 AM

Re: GD&TOP: XXL's 15 Korean Rappers You Should Know

Thats exactly where they should be!!!

Even Jill Scott loved them!!!
Image
User avatar
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 11:06 AM
Top

Post Trannnnnnnnnn Posted 13 Feb 2013, 12:25 AM

Re: GD&TOP: XXL's 15 Korean Rappers You Should Know

miwa201 wrote:Yeah, XXL is legit and good for them for making the list. Although I don't think they fit in. Image


Honestly, I'm surprised. Looking at the names on the list, they really are the odd ones out. Like I said, they should feel honored to being compared to some of the rappers on that list.
Image
NinjaBae
User avatar
 
Posts: 288
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 10:05 PM
Top

Post fayee Posted 13 Feb 2013, 12:49 AM

Re: GD&TOP: XXL's 15 Korean Rappers You Should Know

Trannnnnnnnnn wrote:
miwa201 wrote:Yeah, XXL is legit and good for them for making the list. Although I don't think they fit in. Image


Honestly, I'm surprised. Looking at the names on the list, they really are the odd ones out. Like I said, they should feel honored to being compared to some of the rappers on that list.



Yeah. But I was actually not too surprised tbh. This is a list of rappers that the writer thinks people should know. It makes sense to add them in since 1. They are the most popular internationally and 2. They are actually passably good compared to the other rappers on the list and they have more cred and connections than other idol rappers. They are the only idol rappers that fit this list besides maybe Zico or Jay.
ImageImage
SEUNGRI<3
User avatar
 
Posts: 265
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 11:30 PM
Top

Post Masterchief Posted 13 Feb 2013, 2:08 AM

Re: GD&TOP: XXL's 15 Korean Rappers You Should Know

wait GD is a rapper?


the hell Image
User avatar
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 29 Jan 2013, 4:24 AM
Top

Post avix_vix Posted 13 Feb 2013, 3:36 AM

Re: GD&TOP: XXL's 15 Korean Rappers You Should Know

Masterchief wrote:wait GD is a rapper?


the hell Image


Image
User avatar
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 29 Jan 2013, 3:19 AM
Location: GD-side & keeping BB-OT5
Top


Return to Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users